To celebrate the New Year I lifted the remainder of our parsnips. Parsnips were one of the few vegetables that did well this year. For a lot of our crops the summer was just too wet. However, the wet summer did produce the best parsnips we’ve grown so far.
We also had two parsnips that had intertwined and grown in an interesting sprial. Having lifted the parsnips V then did a fantastic roast with them and we had plenty left over for a very filling soup:
Whilst digging up the parsnips I also noticed that our rhubarb has grown a leaf very early in the year:
To protect it I made a “teepee” of horticultural fleece.